Friday, December 28, 2007

Joy To The Whirled

It's been a pretty cool week so far. On Saturday, we did Santa pictures at the APOTAC Christmas Sale. All the proceeds went to the Grand Prairie Food & Clothing Co-op. I'll post some pics of that as soon as I get them uploaded.

I got the first issue of KISS comics from Dark Horse. Pretty cool. I also got a couple of cool comics called OZ. They look like a twisted version of The Wizard Of OZ. I haven't had time to read them yet, but they look great. I got a few Battle Of The Planets comics, as well. The real find, though, was a ton of Planet Of The Apes comics from the early 90's. They are a black and white direct follow-up to the 20th Century Fox films. Eddie also had the Ape Nation comics, which is a miniseries putting Alien Nation and Planet Of The Apes together. I just couldn't seem to get interested. It seems too ridiculous.

Then we went to all the relatives different houses and had Christmas for her Dad at our house. I got some cool stuff: 30 Days Of Night t-shirt; Psycho 2, 3, and 4 double disc set; Battlestar Galactica Razor Unrated, Star Wars memory stick, 2 KISS biographies, South Fork t-shirt; a drill; and a bunch of other stuff.

I got Lizz a set of Christmas plates and serving bowls, a Lazy Susan, and some Christmas oven mits. She also got one of those Shark vacuum cleaner / dustbuster combos (I have dubbed it Jaws), Nightmare Before Christmas Sandy t-shirt, and some other stuff.

Everett got a ton of stuff. All the electronic stuff we got him were jacked up. The Zen-V we got him is supposed to be like an iPod - play movies and music. It doesn't play movies, so we have to take it back and get the right one. We got him one of those fake guitars that help instruct kids to play. The battery door was jammed and we couldn't get batteries in it. He also got Star Wars: Battlefront 2; Capain America plush; Clone trooper plush; Yoda plush; new Build-A-Bear slippers; and other stuff.

Ephraim got some Spider-Man slippers that light up; a ton of wooden trains, planes, and cars; a Spider-Man poster; a train table that he sits on top of and plays with; Handy Manny tool set with all the tool characters; and some other cool stuff.

I finally got to watch one of my Christmas slasher flicks - the remake of Black Christmas. Pretty good. It had a bunch of people in it I didn't know from other movies.

I have Christmas Evil, the original Black Christmas, and all five Silent Night, Deadly Night movies left to watch. Will I get around to it? Who knows.

We went to Prairie Lights last night. It was really cool. Miles of lights that lead to a little square with a carousel and spinning bear ride. Then when you go inside the tent, they have this light show synchronized to music. I was impressed.

No comments: