Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Neverending Search For Good Christian Horror

So I've been reading this book. Pretty good. I am constantly on a journey to find something in the horror genre written, directed, or made by a Christian that really gets it right. I've come close to finding it a couple of times. Megiddo kind of hit it. While it definitely had it's flaws, the special effects were at least on the mark or close for the time. Then I saw The Visitation with Edward Furlong, which was actually pretty good. There's a new movie coming out called House that looks like it might be good. I found out that the director that did The Exorcism Of Emily Rose is a Christian, which sparked my interest to see that movie and find out what it's all about.

On to This Present Darkness. Pretty good book. It's a little fundamentalist for me in some spots, but his depiction and descriptions of how the spiritual world works in conjunction with our world is quite disturbing and thought-provoking. The author has a way of describing and going through a scene and it's dialogue between two people and then showing you the behind the scenes activity of who is controlling those people and their reactions spiritually. I'm pretty impressed.

No comments: