Friday, December 28, 2007

Another American Remake Of An Asian Horror Film?


Why? Can someone please answer this question? Why don't they just release the original Asian versions into the theaters? I'll tell you why - because familiar actors sell remakes. That's the draw for me. When I'm watching the Asian versions, there's no one familiar reminding me that I'm watching a movie. It makes it seem more real and almost like a documentary. It's being taken out of your comfort zone of knowing it's just a movie. Do I like some of the remakes? Yeah - they're cool. The Grudge wasn't that bad, but it still paled in comparison to the original. After seeing the original one, I had trouble sleeping for a month. The Ring was decent. The Ring 2 was alright. It had some cool stuff in it. That short film that went in between the two movies - I think it was called Rings or something like that - was better than either one of the actual films. The Grudge 2 I thought was better than the first one. I'll end up seeing The Eye remake because I'm curious to see how they translate it to American. The original has some great moments in it.

No comments: