Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Comic Con Saturday / Fright Night Screening & Casting Reunion / Got My Ace Frehley Tix

So me and the kids strolled over to Dallas Comic Con 10 on Saturday and hung out. The kids both got a couple cool little toys. Ephraim got a Spider-man kid toy and an X-Men car. Everett got a Flash action figure (finally - he's been looking for one for a while) and something else I can't remember for some reason. I got some free passes to Studio Movie Grill, so that was cool.

The icing on the cake was getting to meet Steve Niles. He was giving away signed 30Days Of Night posters and comics. Very cool guy. I talked to him for about 20 minutes about the possibility of a sequel (they're in talks right now for Dark Days) and the plan to bring Criminal Macabre to the big-screen. We also discussed how the graphic novel translated to film, which we both thought went really well. I think it's one of the only films in a long time not to glorify the vampire as some seductive / sexual predator neo-gothic whiner. He agreed. The only thing that sucked was I took a picture of him with Everett on my phone and then forgot to save it. I'm not one of those starstruck weirdos, but I do like to document things that are exciting to me in my life.

I also made some cool contacts for my upcoming events and shot the proverbial bs about the upcoming Fright Night screening and cast reunion with the guys who put on Fearfest. Very excited about this event, since I'm a huge Fright Night and Fright Night 2 fan.

I also got my Ace Frehley tickets for his upcoming tour. He's playing at the House Of Blues on February 24th. I get to see 1/4 of the original line-up of KISS performing his material. His solo album is my favorite out of the group from the 78 albums. I can't even begin to explain how excited I am about this. I may even get to do an interview with him for HM. That would be a dream come true.

No comments: