Friday, January 4, 2008

Christmas Vacation / New Years Explosions / Showers On Dallas

I haven't posted in a while personally, so felt like it was time to tell everyone what I've been up to. Here we go:

I went to my parents for New Years Eve, which has become a somewhat annual thing. We always make a long weekend or short vacation of it because that's when we celebrate Christmas with them as well. That was pretty cool. I got some more tools and my brother got my thegreatest gift of all time...a nose and ear hair trimmer. How much more practical can you be than that? I also got a pack of Star Wars playing cards - each card has different poster art from one of the films. Very cool. We watched the Star Wars Holiday Special, which caused much laughter and sarcastic comments from all around the room.
We blew up some firecrackers - the expensive one was the crappiest of them all and barely caused any explosion or noise. Man, it was cold out. Then we toasted with non-alcoholic grape juice and ate some food. I was a little under the weather, so I slept a lot in the sofa-chair.

We finally got to the part in Dallas where Pam wakes up and finds Bobby in the shower - revealing that the entire last season (30 some episodes) had all been a dream. Lizz was less than impressed with this and watched the last two episodes in contempt, as I laughed because I knew it was going to happen.

I read Gene Simmons' book, "KISS and Make-up". It was great. There were things in there I never knew and some were shocking. I really do admire him as a businessman and musician. We have certain beliefs that we definitely do not agree upon, but overall he is an extremely smart individual who seems to be a pretty nice guy.

Hopefully, I'll be going to the Dallas Comic Con next weekend for a while to meet Steve Niles. I really love his 30 Days Of Night series and would love to get an autographed piece of work from him. I haven't read anything else he's done, but I definitely love those and the movie. It's a non-gothic pretty boy take on vampires.

We saw Underdog, which was a pretty cool movie. I'll watch anything that has Jason Lee in it. Both of my sons thought it was great. The effects were pretty cool. We also watched Meet The Robinsons, which I fell asleep watching. It seemed pretty cool. I'll have to attempt to watch it again sometime.

No comments: